Re: Qestion on Nitrogen Deficiency in Biochar

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Have never observed and never heard of before.

Sent with Mailtrack

photo
Dr. D. Michael Shafer
Founder and Director, Warm Heart
+1 732-745-9295 | +66 (0)85 199-2958 | d.michael.shafer@... | www.warmhearworldwide.org | Skype: d.michael.shafer53 | 61 M.8 T.Maepang A.Phrao 50190 Chiang Mai Thailand

Get a signature like this: Click here!

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 8:51 PM, 'Valentine A. Nzengung' vnzengun@... [biochar] <biochar@...> wrote:

We are applying biochar treated with animal manure and rock minerals (aged) to grow crops in tropical climate. We have observed that initially the plants grown with 100% enhanced biochar perform spectacular then begin to show signs of nitrogen deficiency in the Rainy Season. This is not the case with the same plants in the same field where we applied half the mass of biochar treated with animal manure and aged then provided 50% mineral fertilizer.

Has any practitioner observed this?

How does one load up the biochar with nitrogen from animal manure so that the plants do not experience nitrogen deficiency in 100% nutrient enhanced biochar applications?

Thank you for the guidance.

Valentine Nzengung

Yahoo! Groups