Re: FC Trough Report

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Won't do us any good in the developing world, but in American cities, huge amounts of dead wood is collected daily from streets and parks. Some gets chipped for mulch. But most cities pay a fortune to dispose of it.

Charring would be an environmentally immensely beneficial solution and dumpsters would be ideal.

Great idea!

 Sent with Mailtrack

photo
Dr. D. Michael Shafer
Founder and Director, Warm Heart
+1 732-745-9295 | +66 (0)85 199-2958 | d.michael.shafer@... | www.warmhearworldwide.org | Skype: d.michael.shafer53 | 61 M.8 T.Maepang A.Phrao 50190 Chiang Mai Thailand

Get a signature like this: Click here!

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:16 AM, hpbiochar@... [biochar] <biochar@...> wrote:

Very Cool.  I am always amazed with the containers folks come up with to make biochar with.  I can certainly see some benefits to a longer container for longer material and the lightweight and low cost and availibility of sheet metal is certainly appealing for many applications.

Another readily available steel container with a tapered side is a common dumpster.  I'm sure someone else has thought of this but using steel dumpsters and a trash truck for portable biochar production/collection would be pretty slick IMO.

Rowdy Yeatts