Re: Blockchain, biochar, and COP24 RE: Natural Climate Solutions for the US--Major New Paper Endorses Bioch

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Tomaso,

I do not know anything about the COP system and so do not know anything
about how to ask or what it means to ask.

All I can say is that it has always bothered me that biochar has somehow
never qualified for carbon crediting in a way that the small farmers I work
with could benefit from.

If you have an idea and/or if Paul's blockchain can provide the mechanism
for "proving" the sequestration, then please ask, however that is done.

Michael Shafer
www.warmheartworldwide.org
www.twitter.com/warmheartorg
http://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide
<http://www.youtube.com/warmheartvideo>

[image: photo]
*Dr. D. Michael Shafer*
Founder and Director, Warm Heart

+1 732-745-9295 | +66 (0)85 199-2958 | d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

www.warmhearworldwide.org | Skype: d.michael.shafer53 <#>
<http://www.facebook.com/d.michael.shafer>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelshaferwarmheart?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>
<http://twitter.com/warmheartorg>
<https://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide/>

Latest Tweet: <https://twitter.com/WarmHeartOrg> I liked a @YouTube
<https://twitter.com/YouTube> video https://t.co/RDCv7xOjRE Apachie Helping
out Ground Units Read More
<https://twitter.com/WarmHeartOrg/statuses/1065973106701942785>
Get your own email signature
<https://www.wisestamp.com/signature-in-email?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=get_your_own>

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 8:54 PM Tomaso Bertoli <tomaso.bertoli@gmail.com>
wrote:

Let’s go back for one second on the subject – what to ask at COP24 ?

At COP24 we have to specifically ask what we do not have and can not get
alone

*The UNFCC and Gold Standard and other mechanisms for selling carbon
credits do not allow for recognition and financial compensation for char
into soil.. So, for the near and medium future, that avenue is not open to
us.However, VOLUNTARY contributions for carbon OFFSETS (accomplished CO2e
reduction but without recognition as carbon CREDITS) is possible. People
can put their money wherever they want to spend it. **(Governments and
large corporations that need official CREDITS cannot.)*

Voluntary offsets are available to us like tree planting projects … we can
do those without COP24

At COP24 we need to ask for official recognition and financial
compensation within existing CO2 programs !

Tomaso