Re: Beyond the trough

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Soil is largely clay. Wetted and dried in the sun, it forms a hard shell that blocks water infiltration. People make adode blocks and mud them to build homes. Traditional cooking pottery is made of clay from special locations. When I have been around a while I hope to be able to locate several in order to begin to mix the clay into char combinations a la Joseph and Pan.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 2:38 AM mikethewormguy@... [biochar] <biochar@... wrote:

Great photos......

What is the soil like that you are making the trench from ?       Does the soil contain much clay...?

I continue to be curious to what extent will the clay that is present in the trench soil will be fired into a pottery type material........