Re: [Stoves] Continuing in response to Crispin and James

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Herein lies the question. Where has the focus grouping been done? The
forward marketing? The pre-establishment of agents, wholesalers and
retailers? You do not introduce a new product into a saturated market
without some cost and effort.

Michael Shafer
www.warmheartworldwide.org
www.twitter.com/warmheartorg
http://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide
<http://www.youtube.com/warmheartvideo>

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 1:38 PM Rick Wilson rick012@yahoo.com [biochar] <
biochar@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Michael, I am open to supporting companies that can impact quality of
life and progress environmental stewardship.

I don’t believe a technology needs to be perfected before you start to
sell it.

What would it cost to fill a 20 foot container with stoves? Where is the
market, where would we send them?

Rick

On Mar 2, 2019, at 7:37 PM, 'd.michael.shafer@gmail.com'
d.michael.shafer@gmail.com [biochar] <biochar@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Rick, You may be interested in a recent blog post I wrote in response to a
lengthy video interview with the new head of the Clean Stove Alliance.
https://nextbillion.net/stupid-stoves-clean-cooking-alliance-problems/ Make
sure to go back to the previous post to watch the video.

Michael Shafer
www..warmheartworldwide.org <http://www.warmheartworldwide.org/>
www.twitter.com/warmheartorg
http://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide
<http://www.youtube.com/warmheartvideo>

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 1:07 PM Rick Wilson rick012@yahoo.com [biochar] <
biochar@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Wayne, I am in the business of importing and exporting to and from third
world countries. I’m just sharing what I know. Rick

On Feb 28, 2019, at 3:58 AM, 'Teel, Wayne - teelws' teelws@jmu.edu [biochar]
<biochar@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Rick,

Just another side comment. You don’t really need a supply chain to build
stoves in Africa. You just need the design. During my four years in Kenya
(1980s) I saw a number of ideas explode via local production once a new
idea/design took hold, and it would improve. The Kenya Jiko took off that
way. Stoves will too once introduced in the right way, but they have to
hit a critical mass. It is amazing what the Kenyan fundis (local experts)
can do with an old oil drums, smashed up old cars, broken containers, or
any other form of metal they can grab. Co-developing the right idea, not
creating a complex and prone to failure supply chain, is what works.

Wayne