Biochar and Animal Health #animals #cattle #pigs #chickens

Tom Miles

We are hearing from Asia and Africa that biochars in bedding and feed improve the health of cattle, pigs, and chickens and are assumed to help reduce the incidence of disease. I haven’t seen papers or presentations on this topic since the Asian Pacific Biochar Conference in Kyoto, Japan, in 2011 where it was discussed in informal gatherings and a few formal presentations.  I would think this would be more likely to appear in observations of smallholder farm animals than in university studies where animals are more likely to have fewer health problems. Any information o these effects would be helpful and may direct future study.

Thanks

Chair

International Biochar Initiative

Biochar-international.org