Re: Waste cardboard, paper, newspaper, as feedstock #feedstock

Norm Baker

I agree totally with Tom's assessment for cardboard in a TLUD. I tried it once a few years back and it was a dismal failure - way too much ash and no structure to what little char I created. Used as a weed preventative and sheet mulch it is great - composts in place, slows the growth of weeds enough to prevent a lot of problems and I have never seen a problem except when I did not get enough mulch on top and had the wind come up and blow it all over the yard. Great use for something that is a pain to recycle.

Norm