Re: Powbrook Avocado tallies 35% Increase in Fruit from Biochar Amended Orchard #compost #avocado #application #patent

Tom Miles

The cover crop is growing between the rows of avocados. The cattle graze on the cover crop to keep it down. Doug says he lets the animals – big (cattle) and small (organisms, dung beetles) – do the work because he is cheap and lazy. : - )

Tom

From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Wilson via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:08 PM
To: main@biochar.groups.io; main@Biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Biochar] Powbrook Avocado tallies 35% Increase in Fruit from Biochar Amended Orchard

Tom, this is fascinating work.  It would be great if there was a 1-page graphic of the process, a model of sustainable farming. I would start one if I was convinced it could make money.  I did not see cover crops in the mix, which from what I've seen is very helpful.

Rick

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 07:03:39 PM PST, Rick Wilson via Groups.Io <rick012@...> wrote:

Hi Laurent, certainly charging biochar with nutrients no question can be a value added approach. Rick

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 06:24:00 PM PST, Laurent Chabanne via Groups.Io <laurentbiochar@...> wrote:

Rick, I believe that by "charged", Francesco meant charged with nutrients. If you put raw biochar in soil, it may draw nutrients to an extent that they are not readily available to the plants.

Hugh, no need to be aggressive, Stephen is a university researcher; he publishes peer-review papers and cannot publish his data before it appears in the journal, otherwise the journal will refuse publication. (https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=es&as_sdt=0,5&q=author:joseph-stephen+biochar&scisbd=1)