Re: Fix the Fertilty Cycle #biosolids #terrapretasanitation

Paul S Anderson

David,

The terra preta sanitation (TPS) is interesting.  I am watching from afar, but I have a question that could make things more interesting for me.   It is about the  pH of TPS.

One of the “limitations” of biochar is that it tends toward being  alkaline, pH above 7.   But if it is “treated, prepared, altered” with the addition of urine (alone) or feces (alone) or both, will that make it a better soil amendment for soils that are on the alkaline side?

Related question:  What methods are there for lowering the pH of biochar?

Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP

     Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org  to support woodgas (TLUD) projects

     incl. purchase of Woodgas Emission Reduction (WER) carbon credits

     and please tell you friends about these distinctive service efforts.

     with pages 88 – 94 about  solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.