Re: Weight vs Volume RE: Biochar Friday before ETHOS meeting.. #density

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Gustavo,

very nice looking stove!

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 11:38 PM Gustavo Peña <invfalcones53@...> wrote:
Hi all we also have data from the El Salvador experience, Hope I´m sharing  this information with you, is in Spanish but Google can help you translate it
The attachment file is a document I present to the Ministery of Environment in El Salvador last week, at the end of the document you can result of the use of biochar in sugar cane plantations, and tomorrow Monday 27th I will present my new idea, well is not new, I present this idea in Cambodia 7 years ago, the prototype now is at the University of Cambodia, this a twin TLUD type gasifier, see video
Best regards

Gustavo Peña
Inversiones Falcon
El Salvador, Centro América
Tel: (503) 2451 9605

El dom., 26 de ene. de 2020 a la(s) 02:21, d.michael.shafer@... (d.michael.shafer@...) escribió:
Paul,

The 50:50 in question is by volume simply because there are no alternatives in rural areas. A bucket to a bucket works, but because scales are hard to find, moisture content cannot be standardized for manure and the volume to weight relationship in biochar would need to be established first, a 50:50 by weight is hard.

We recognize the resulting variations, but as a practical matter have yet to work out an effective alternative that can be taught and practiced easily.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 8:45 PM Paul S Anderson <psanders@...> wrote:

Tom,

I am a believer in biochar benefits.   We all need to help develop the proofs of what we are preaching.

Question:   For the Ghana / Malawi report (by WarmHeart, right?), is the 50:50 by volume or by weight?   I suspect that it is by volume.

And what would that proportion be if expressed the second way?        50:50 by volume becomes what by weight?    Or the other way around?      Weight is weight and does not change, but volume also subject to particle size, soft vs hard wood vs agro-refuse.

Do we (as a community) have reasonable answers about this variation in the mixing formulae?

Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP

     Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org  to support woodgas (TLUD) projects

     incl. purchase of Woodgas Emission Reduction (WER) carbon credits

     and please tell you friends about these distinctive service efforts.

     with pages 88 – 94 about  solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.