Re: Natural Resources Conservation Service -- CONSERVATION PRACTICE STANDARD SOIL CARBON AMENDMENT #nrcs #carbon #amendment

Robert Lehmert

This week, I am attending a long stream of meetings with the VT Agency of Natural Resources Clean Water leadership team, testifying at State Senate committees. Also, see the same group at a quarterly VT Regional Planning Committee.

I want to find out if we need to get a BMP designation for biochar to bid for projects like water filters, pervious pavement, stormwater control and wetlands, hazard remediation, etc.

I also want to get their views on pyrolysis of sewage sludge, which would solve a whole lot of problems here.

I'll update when I know more, but welcome any feedback on specific things I should ask while I've got their ear.