From: <main@Biochar.groups.io> on behalf of "Robert Lehmert via Groups.Io" <roblehmert@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 3:13 PM
To: "main@Biochar.groups.io" <main@Biochar.groups.io>
Subject: [Biochar] Best Management Practices (BMP) designation for Biochar in Soils and Filtration

For many months, we in Vermont have been frustrated in efforts to get biochar designated by the appropriate state agencies as a BMP, so that it can be used in $millions in projects accessing State funding. Without BMP, biochar continues to a hard sale.

I have provided all sorts of documentation, including the IBI and European standards, and a wide variety of scientific studies. I've testified before the House Ag Committee and button-holder Representatives.  So far, the Agency of Natural Resources is not budging -- or at best they say they're working on it, but nothing happens.

Is this a common experience? Have other states designated Biochar as a BMP, and if so -- who are they and how can I get a document that states that?

Any information you have might lead to the silver bullet.