From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Wilson via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:50 PM
To: main@Biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Biochar] [New post] The Healthy Soils Program benefits organic producers!

Hi Ron,
California moves at its own pace.  But once it's in, it goes all in.

Currently you can get paid $50 per DRY ton for co-composted biochar with the CDFA grants.
A gasifier char, which is dry, will have a density of #10 per cubic foot, which is 270# per cubic yard.
So one ton (2000#) of biochar is 7.4 cubic yards. 7.4 cubic yards/ton x $50 = $370 per cubic yard, that's a lot of money for biochar!

My understanding is that the CDFA is coming the the conclusion that biochar stabilizes organic matter.
I am told there is a Lawrence Livermore study but I have not seen it.   And there are others of course.

I can tell you that biochar is making it into the research programs of the largest compost operators in the state.
(And they are calling me to help them)

Please see the attached drawings, which is how I am telling them the story of biochar and compost, and where the waste companies fit in.
These are copyright protected, but I am happy to grant access as long as I know where they are being used (not to compete against me, but with me).

Rick