Re: Forests: Carbon sequestration, biomass energy, or both? - New paper #carbonsequestration

It's tricky understanding this planet's "inner/outer workings".  I think it's a lot smarter than we.   But my observations, have often proved to be a bell weather in my wee world.  That's what started me to begin with.  In 1958 they started CO2 ppm measurements.  There must have been others doing observations long ago.  Sometimes, my observations fit with what we discuss.  There are so very many confusing elements; the trade winds high above are out of sync by the looks of long time patterns.  I think we should be looking at "oligotrophication", as it plays a role in my thinking. Not only have we over used resources, we have overused our soils.  So we already knew that, but for me it is all part of the largest issue: CO2, however not the worst issue.
Going back to what Allan said about forests, I believe a tree sequesters 10% to the soil, just for being a matured tree.  I'm not 100% sure on that one.  The GHG adviser may have better info.

We have to kill a few kids before we instal a four way stop.

David Derbowka

David R Derbowka

Passive Remediation Systems Ltd.
Tel: +1 250 306 6377 |
eMail: david.derbowka@... |Web: prsi.ca |

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 11:54 AM ALAN PAGE <alan@...> wrote:
HI All,
There is a site Space Weather News which has done a lot of background research about the inputs to climate forcing and come up with some very different relationships than are currently employed by the IPCC although they discuss how this is gradually changing in favor of the principles that are laid out by studies of solar and galactic and further out sources of climate forcing energies.

Their take is discussed in detail in several videos below their daily discussion of solar dynamics. A good place to start is the solar wind summary, but all of the upper row of videos are pretty self explanatory.

The take away is that human impacts have been grossly overstated, and that things are changing rapidly but not for the reasons we have been led to discuss here and elsewhere. Their point is that pollution is a major problem that we can impact with good systems. Forests are important on many levels but probably not for the global climatic stabilization discussed in this thread. The growth of forests and the possible formation of charcoal from the thinnings and upper stem portions of trees is an important function that humans should know a lot about and be able to practice and use wherever tree growth is possible.
Thus the thread is just as important as you all think it is but possibly for different reasons. Do your own research.

Alan C. Page, Ph.D., Research Forester - MA License #184
Green Diamond Systems
125 Blue Meadow Road
Belchertown, MA 01007

Phone: 413-323-4401