Re: Forests: Carbon sequestration, biomass energy, or both? - New paper #carbonsequestration

Hi Kelpie:
I believe biochar must be in the equation.  Here is why:  We know what biochar does, so; why not use a perfected biochar medium in the styro blocks? (trees starter systems)  That way, when the tree is out planted, It will have a better chance to survive in a drought stricken, flood stricken place to live.  Then we might stop digging out carbon sink peat bogs, (medium) which is just one more stupid mankind practice.     I find leaves are a stable base for making our own soil.  And of course adding char and whatever else you have at hand, (liquid dairy manure) to complete a compost process for a nursery.  It works well for me.  I'm just saying; like early childhood education, it's our best attempt.

Sincerely
David R Derbowka

David R Derbowka  | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER |

Passive Remediation Systems Ltd.
Tel: +1 250 306 6377 |
eMail: david.derbowka@... |Web: prsi.ca |

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 4:23 PM Kelpie Wilson <kelpiew@...> wrote:
Trillion Trees Initiative. See: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/01/one-trillion-trees-world-economic-forum-launches-plan-to-help-nature-and-the-climate/

Anybody have any ideas about how we could get this initiative to adopt biochar as a best practice for planting trees? Donald Trump is supporting the Trillion Trees, so maybe we need to send him a briefing paper on trees and biochar?

--
Email: kelpiew@...
Mobile: 541-218-9890