Von: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Charles Hegberg
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. April 2020 18:08
An: main@Biochar.groups.io
Betreff: [EXTERN] Re: [Biochar] assistance with field experiments

Where are you located?  Short of a commercial gasifier with capabilities to handle manures, not sure about small scale production.  You might be better to produce wood char and compost the poultry litter with the biochar which also makes a great product.  Most manure char production is used as a waste reduction strategy.

Chuck Hegberg

From: <main@Biochar.groups.io> on behalf of Marcelo Alves <marceloalves@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 11:34 AM
To: "main@Biochar.groups.io" <main@Biochar.groups.io>
Subject: [Biochar] assistance with field experiments

Dear colleagues

I would like to share with colleagues certain difficulties that we have faced.

I am from a region that has sandy and poor soils and at the same time generates a lot of waste (chicken manure, bio manure, cane bagasse, cotton cake, etc.) and I am convinced that biochar can bring many benefits to these soils. However, whenever I think about research and field experiments, the problem arises of how to produce enough biochar? We even managed to produce something in the laboratory using muffle furnaces, but on a field scale it is difficult.

How could I solve this?

I count on your help, thank you.

Prof. Dr. Marcelo R. Alves