Re: experiment with biochar #inoculatedbiochar

Yes, interesting indeed.   I know that I really don't know very much.  When we learn certain things; it flips me upside down.  Then I have to start all over.  Also, AH HA moments are truly exciting.  See www.prsi.ca
Cheers
David

David R Derbowka  | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER |

Passive Remediation Systems Ltd.
Tel: +1 250 306 6377 |
eMail: david.derbowka@... |Web: prsi.ca |

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 10:14 AM CHANDRA SEKHAR PAUL <paulcs2017@...> wrote:
Dear David,
That's interesting. I will search and consult with our group members.
Thank you very much.

Regards,

Paul Chandrasekhar

Doctoral Researcher

Faculty of Agrobiology, Food

and Natural Resources

Department of Agroenvironmental

Chemistry and Plant Nutrition

Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS)

Kamycka 129 165 00 Prague 6 - Suchdol

Prague, Czech Republic.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 4:30 PM David R Derbowka <david.derbowka@...> wrote:
Dear Paul
The plant is the "Walker poplar" which is a shelter belt tree that performs OK in drought areas.   I believe phosphorus is found in human and swine manure.  My information comes from Raju Soolanayakanahally.  He chairs the Poplar and Willows Council of Canada.  I am a supporting member.

Cheers
David

David R Derbowka  | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER |

Passive Remediation Systems Ltd.
Tel: +1 250 306 6377 |
eMail: david.derbowka@... |Web: prsi.ca |

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 3:16 PM CHANDRA SEKHAR PAUL <paulcs2017@...> wrote:
Dear  David,
Thank you very much for the information but can you please inform me of the name of the plant. As you mentioned the plant can uptake phosphorus so, the phosphorus obviously will be in biomass of the plant. I think the biochar from the plant wood will contain good amount of phosphorus.

Regards,

Paul Chandrasekhar

Doctoral Researcher

Faculty of Agrobiology, Food

and Natural Resources

Department of Agroenvironmental

Chemistry and Plant Nutrition

Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS)

Kamycka 129 165 00 Prague 6 - Suchdol

Prague, Czech Republic.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 7:19 PM David R Derbowka <david.derbowka@...> wrote:
Dear Paul
There is type of tree that is known for it's ability to uptake phosphorus.  If we had that fiber after it's tenure, to make biochar, do you think the phosphorus might be within the char, therefore acting as K fertilizer?

Cheers
David

David R Derbowka  | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER |

Passive Remediation Systems Ltd.
Tel: +1 250 306 6377 |
eMail: david.derbowka@... |Web: prsi.ca |

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 2:46 AM CHANDRA SEKHAR PAUL <paulcs2017@...> wrote:
Dear Mike,
Thank you very much for your support. The biochar field is en=merging and it will be very nice to construct new ideas and experimental plans to use biochar more efficiently. As I am only working on a lab-scale so it will be better to get new ideas to form you about the status from real field culture.

Regards,

Paul Chandrasekhar

Doctoral Researcher

Faculty of Agrobiology, Food

and Natural Resources

Department of Agroenvironmental

Chemistry and Plant Nutrition

Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS)

Kamycka 129 165 00 Prague 6 - Suchdol

Prague, Czech Republic.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 3:33 AM mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Paul,

We would be happy to assist you with experimental designs, as appropriate and needed......