Re: Biochar, charcoal and wood ash #biochar #charcoal #ash

Environmental Industries <licusociety@...>

Dear Mike,

Thank you for the tip on Biochar processing from hard charcoal.

In Malawi, garlic is produced in mass by small and commercial farmers. Unfortunately, tumeric not a favored crop in Malawi. There is very little produced for subsistence purposes mostly. The harvest time for garlic is from May to August annually.

For consistent supply you need to book with the farmers before the rains. Rains start in October and end in March.

Thank you for your time.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020, 6:33 PM mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy=aol.com@groups.io wrote:
Goodfellow,

The first batch of char that I used many years ago was hardwood lump charcoal.  I bought 10 bags of lump charcoal a nd a friend and I hammer milled it in his garage.  We screened the milled char material and used the different fractions in my garden.  NOTE  I would not recommend hammer milling charcoal in a  closed space unless one desires to coat every bit of inside surface with char dust. The experience was memorable enough that we only did it once.

What is the state of garlic or turmeric production in Malawi ?