Re: Biochar material use in human remains composting #compost #cremation

Roger Faulkner

I said earlier that I would give a link to what I wrote about the body composting concept. I thought I had written something exclusively about the use of biochar in that process, but it turns out it was only in the patent application. I am looking for someone with whom to pursue this idea as an entrepreneurial venture.

Thanks,
Roger Faulkner
Mobile: 980-250-4683
Living in a Wheelchair Linktree:
Inventions Linktree:

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:15:57 AM EDT, Roger Faulkner <roger_rethinker@...> wrote:

in response do the questions below I have created a new thread.

I mentioned my ideas which relate to biochar and human remains composting in at least two articles I wrote for medium.com. Because of my ALS, I cannot attach documents to an email by myself. My assistant Jake will be with me starting at 11 today and at that time I can provide some links.

The first of the 3 patent applications dealt with the idea of hydrolyzing the body under milder conditions than what it is used today. That would imply a longer time for hydrolysis unless there is more effective agitation, which is actually part of my thoughts. I don't mean to be gross about it but I went into full detail. Since the final hydrolysate has a pH of about 10, one really doesn't need to use potassium or sodium hydroxide, and can rather use tripotassium phosphate.

I would like to see my bones preserved. The conventional method of hydrolysis is so aggressive that the bones crumble due to the hydrolysis of the protein between the calcium apatite crystals of the bone.

The next patent refines the method by instead of going straight to composting having the hydrolysate absorbed into biochar. I'm pretty sure I have a medium.com article about both of these ideas.

The third major idea covered in by in my provisional patents is the concept of creating a fertilizer pellet which is mainly comprised of biochar particles with a desirable cation profile, which are then bound together by a mixture of potassium humate and the ammonium salt of ulmic acid.

I visualize a pellet of fertilizer that can go through conventional fertilizer spreaders. of course this can be done with the the biochar containing hydrolyzed human remains. In fact, that's what I want done with the proteinaceous portion of my body.

The funeral industry is ready for major changes. Alkaline hydrolysis is already legal in more than 50% of states in America. It uses less energy than any other approved method. And what appeals to me is that it prevents putrification, and it preserves the body's Amino and nucleic acids up to the point that they go into the soil or into a compost pile for composting. That appeals to me.

Because of my ALS I've been thinking a lot about what to do with my body when I die. I would very much like to be the very first example of my method being used.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 9:38 AM, Paul S Anderson
<psanders@...> wrote:

Roger,

Please provide a link or sources about all three of your ideas.   Is any about carbonization (pyrolysis) of the body?

Inventor of RoCC kilns for biochar and energy:  See  www.woodgas.com