Da: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> Per conto di Nadav Ziv
Inviato: sabato 20 giugno 2020 07:12
A: main@biochar.groups.io
Cc: biochar@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [Biochar] Big Dairy’s climate footprint is as big as the whole UK’s: Grist

Very interesting subject,

The eco point of view is very clear.

How do you make sure the biochar is clean from toxic pyrolytic materials? Does higher pyrolysis temp will help? Can warer washing/immersing after charing?

What about biochar high PH? Any neutralization needed?

I am learning now on mycotoxins (toxic products of molds and fungi) in ‎cereals and ‎grains which. Biochar has the potential to absorb some of them and reduce risk from contamination. This could also be advantage of adding biochar to cow feed.

Nadav.

בתאריך יום ה׳, 18 ביוני 2020, 22:02, מאת Kim Chaffee ‏<kim.chaffee2@...>:

New report shows how cow burps are ruining the climate.

All,

If this isn’t a reason for using biochar on dairy farms, I don’t know what is.  How many ways can biochar help?  Feed it to cows to reduce methane in burps and the need for antibiotics (improves milk yields and reduces diseases); add it to manure to reduce odors and to digesters to improve yields and turn digestate into more biochar.  How can we use this new report to increase biochar use on dairy farms?

Kim

Read more on Grist:
https://grist.org/food/dont-have-a-cow-but-big-dairys-climate-footprint-is-as-big-as-the-uks/?utm_campaign=btns&#038;utm_source=share&#038;utm_medium=email

---