Re: Biocahr in field. #technology #flamecap

Paul S Anderson

Kelpie and all,

The statement is not correct:    “All of these kilns are Flame Cap Kilns and they work essentially as continuously fed updraft gasifiers (no bottom air).”

Flame cap deserves recognition for being something useful with distinctive flows of air.   I am a strong advocate for flame cap devices,  which I refer to as cavity kilns, which can be with an open top or with a (mostly) covered top.

Flame cap technology is distinct from what are the established “gasifier” technologies.   An updraft gasifier is defined as having air entering at the bottom.   Let’s not put flame cap and gasifiers in the same category.

Inventor of RoCC kilns for biochar and energy:  See  www.woodgas.com