Re: Lab to test for pathogens in biochar charged with human urine? #urine #analysis #pathogen

Geoff Thomas

Other than pay some lab (large?) amounts of money, I would think mixing it with a good quantity of green compost would process anything active, to the benefit of both the compost and the Biochar,  and the toxins if any would be absorbed by the charcoal component.

Probably folk in East Africa don’t consume much heavy metals or such and traditionally human urine doesn’t hurt plant growth unless excessive, - ie the boyfriend always pisses in the same flower pot :)

Cheers,

Geoff Thomas.

On 11 Oct 2020, at 4:47 am, Kevin McLean <info@...> wrote:

Any suggestions?

We are beginning to collect large amounts of char in East Africa made from maize stalks and cobs using the Agwa TLUD.

<Sacks of Biochar 1.png>
<Sacks of Biochar 2.png>
The urine will be from many people and the biochar will be used on commercial farms.  I want to determine if the biochar is safe to use immediately after charging with urine, safe after a period of time or never safe.

Thank you,
Kevin

Kevin McLean, President
Sun24