Re: Emissions of Nitrous Oxide, a Climate Super-Pollutant, Are Rising Fast on a Worst-Case Trajectory | InsideClimate News #climate #emissions #nitrousoxide

Geoff Thomas

So reducing the N20 is like emissions reduction, as it is an emission, but if you for eg feed cows charcoal, - the which reduces methane, reducing emissions and turning it into more cow, and stores carbon in the soil, - which is Drawing Back the carbon we put into the air, it also reduces N20, so Harald does the N20 not be emitted by the cow or not produced because the charcoal in it’s system sequesters it like the charcoal?

- being provocative because I don’t know but suspect you do :)

Cheers,

Geoff Thomas.

On 11 Oct 2020, at 4:14 am, Harald Bier <Harald.Bier@biochar-industry.com> wrote:

Dear Kim,

I would say so. At least for us, this is one of our many arguments for the use of biochar in agriculture. If you’re interested, look at this:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/270822030_The_molar_H_COrg_ratio_of_biochar_is_a_key_factor_in_mitigating_N2O_emissions_from_soil

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0048969718339330

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/gcbb.12390

Best, Harald

Am 10.10.2020 um 17:07 schrieb Kim Chaffee <kim.chaffee2@gmail.com>:

All,
Does this new research report that exposes the major contribution of N2O from overuse of fertilizer present an opportunity for biochar?
Kim

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/07102020/nitrous-oxide-fertilizer-emissions-nature-study?utm_source=InsideClimate+News&utm_campaign=c580aa2b23-&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_29c928ffb5-c580aa2b23-327797005