From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Coyne
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:50 PM
To: main@Biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: US [Biochar] Updated! Anaerobic Digester Database

Hi Tom,

On behalf of ANZBIG and what’s happening in OZ we have made links with Hydrogen SEQ Cluster & FIAL the Industry Growth Centre recently given that the Technology Roadmap was very much focussed on Hydrogen Production, biochar can of course help with green hydrogen production. Gaia-Enviro which has a modular AD looks to have good synergies with pyrolysis technology like the Charmaker from Earth Systems.

Our Foundational Member Conhur, “the de watering sludge people” who have the State contract in Tasmania are also developing a biochar fertiliser product. Perhaps they’ve seen the potential to make char to add to AD’s?

Of course, one step further is to just dry and pyrolyse the poo as Pyrocal are doing?! This is similar process I understand to the Aries Clean Energy in Lebanon, Tennessee. It would good to do trials on biosolids biochar back into AD’s? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahetsXyFU6M&feature=youtu.be

It’s all happening right here in Australia!

Many Chars,

Don Coyne

Executive Director

ANZ Biochar Industry Goup (ANZBIG)