Re: Sugarcane for CDR #CDR #bagasse #sugarcane

mikethewormguy

Ron,

Thanks for the info.

Biogenic silica/phytoliths are a fertile subject for soil health.

On a smaller and more local scale than sugarcane, we will be making biochar next spring from the spent oyster mushroom wheat straw substrate that we are using to produce mushrooms now.

We will be applying both the spent mushroom substrate straight and as char, as a soil amendment medley, to the soil next spring.

We used hardwood ash from our fireplace to cold sterilize the wheat straw.

Keep in mind that we also added peices of sterilized wood char to the sterilized straw during inoculation process in the bag.

Am curious how similar the soil effects could be from bagasse biochar vs substrate biochar...?    They are both processed biomass sources of biogenic silica......

my curious 2 cents...