Re: Sugarcane for CDR #CDR #bagasse #sugarcane

Tom Miles

Nando,

You may not have seen the announcements that Carbofex Oy and Rainbow Beeeater in Australia have been selling on Puro.earth and there will soon be an announcement of a North American supplier selling on CarbonFuture.earth. Carbon Future will accept IBI or EBC certification. Puro requires EBC certification. IBI is currently supporting an effort to develop protocols approved by the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA) which will provide access to larger markets.

Tom   

From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nando Breiter
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2020 2:12 PM
To: main@biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Biochar] Sugarcane for CDR

Is anyone aware of a biochar project that has been funded by a carbon market? If so, please share the details.

I looked into the possibility to some depth about 10 years ago. Between project setup and verification costs, additionality constraints, and the relatively small scale of biochar projects (I thought producing 4 tonnes of char per day was relatively large scale until the CDM consultant at First Environment in Germany laughed at me, and said "That is nothing") ... I let the idea go. 

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 10:12 PM Ron Larson <rongretlarson@...> wrote:

John: and List

Interesting and sad history for this gentleman.  You might be right - but I would have thought that possible greater profits might have made a difference.  Thanks goodness there were a few researchers.

Ron

On Nov 28, 2020, at 1:49 PM, John Hofmeyr <john-h@...> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 07:25 PM, Ron Larson wrote:

Can anyone explain why there has been so little in-field research ....

Ron, in South Africa, the answer to your question is the Semmelweis effect.

--
Nando Breiter
http://biochar.info
CarbonZero Sagl
Astano, Switzerland

Join main@Biochar.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.