From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nando Breiter
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2020 2:12 PM
To: main@biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Biochar] Sugarcane for CDR

Is anyone aware of a biochar project that has been funded by a carbon market? If so, please share the details.

I looked into the possibility to some depth about 10 years ago. Between project setup and verification costs, additionality constraints, and the relatively small scale of biochar projects (I thought producing 4 tonnes of char per day was relatively large scale until the CDM consultant at First Environment in Germany laughed at me, and said "That is nothing") ... I let the idea go.

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 10:12 PM Ron Larson <rongretlarson@...> wrote:

John: and List

Interesting and sad history for this gentleman.  You might be right - but I would have thought that possible greater profits might have made a difference.  Thanks goodness there were a few researchers.

Ron

On Nov 28, 2020, at 1:49 PM, John Hofmeyr <john-h@...> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 07:25 PM, Ron Larson wrote:

Can anyone explain why there has been so little in-field research ....

Ron, in South Africa, the answer to your question is the Semmelweis effect.

--
Nando Breiter
http://biochar.info