Re: [The Washington Post] An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate #feed #seaweed

Frank Strie

Spot on Michael Shafer, the process is progressing by the day!

From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of d.michael.shafer@...
Sent: Sunday, December 6, 2020 3:33 PM
To: main@biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Biochar] [The Washington Post] An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate

Cool.

Re the previous,. Although not formally documented as the EU use of biochar in animal feed is, our farmers from many separate and unconnected locations in E Africa report that the addition of small amounts of biochar to feed reduces the incidence of illness, cost of vet care and meds, improves the quality of manure, and reduces smell and flies.

I strongly recommend the recent review article on the subject of biochar in animal feeds by Schmidt, Draper, et al., and the series of articles that has appeared in Iktaka in the past year or two on biochar in feed for various types of animals.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020, 11:41 PM mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Michael,

Synergies are good.  Keep in mind that the fresh herbs, like thyme, could be as effective as thyme oil.  It would take some experimenting. You could also look at indigenous herbs that have similar chemistries as these culinary herbs.

my 2 cents,