Need Help with Biochar in ag/water management #stormwater #nutrients #water

Harry Groot

Received an inquiry from a Lake States SWCD interested in the potential role bichar could play in ag drainage management. Specifically, the nutrients moving in those systems. Can anyone point me to published research on the topic, or direct me to anyone working in the ag-water space, specifically on how biochar may be able to mitigate nutrient runoff concerns?

I assume recycling the nutrient rich char back into the soil would be of interest...or should be...so experience or research in that practice would be useful, too.

Thanks,