Re: size of biochar for various aplications ?

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

A paper presented on the Green Webinar a few months ago suggested that very small "dust" sized particles are actually hydro phobic.

On Fri, May 7, 2021, 6:36 AM Ross Hunt <rossahunt@...> wrote:
I have been using water and wood chipper to crush biochar. Most of it comes out as dust size (slurry of dust size particles)
Is there any data from studies on best crushed size biochar for types of soils for fertility and life for sequestering purpose ?
I read on a facebook posting that biochar dust in sandy soils will wash away into groundwater.
Also, might dust not have the benificial micro pores ?
Ross