Re: size of biochar for various aplications ?

alaa alamiri

Dear all,

The links below are my papers, I think, they will help you to decide about better biochar size.

with best compliments

ALAA HASAN FAHMI
Bsc. Soil&water Sciences.
MSc. Soil Chemistry and organic matter
Ph.D. Environmental Soil Chemistry
Universiti Putra Malaysia - UPM
Working at : University of Diyala

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 02:36:42 AM GMT+3, Ross Hunt <rossahunt@...> wrote:

I have been using water and wood chipper to crush biochar. Most of it comes out as dust size (slurry of dust size particles)
Is there any data from studies on best crushed size biochar for types of soils for fertility and life for sequestering purpose ?
I read on a facebook posting that biochar dust in sandy soils will wash away into groundwater.
Also, might dust not have the benificial micro pores ?
Ross