From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Wilson via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2021 2:44 PM
To: main@Biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [EXTERN] [EXTERN] Re: [EXTERN] [Biochar] Biochar Sequestration - Must it be Buried

Group,

I’m not sure why we are discounting the potential albedo effect of biochar, making the argument its not important, without data?

Do we think others will be convinced when they raise a challenge, if we don’t have data - studies to support our claims?

Rick

On Jul 8, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Frank Strie <frank.strie@...> wrote:

Thank you Nando Breiter,
I keep it short: You are 100% right.
The albedo argument was made repeatedly by the anti-Biomass energy anti-Biochar movement  (Biofuel watch) over a decade ago and ever since.
it is a complete ‘Red Herring’ as you described it well and why!
Cheers from Tassie
Frank again