Re: Seminar by Rachael Smolker of Biofuelwatch

Frank Strie

Hello Geoff and all,
Yes I got in and as I was travelling to an important Organic Resource (Waste) meeting  during the zoom webinar I was able to listen on my car radio to what was being presented.
Whilst I had a few interruptions on way due to terrain and wireless reception / blind spots in the way, I was able to get some of the Q&A  section as well.
What was clear that a big ego on the ownership of environment and mix with cynicism and in fact very little actual (technical) knowledge and lack of facts she must be saying what some like to hear and like to believe.  …
Reality is that (I)  we (our business and likeminded)  should do what we do in the holistic, circular economy, zero waste, restoration, regeneration and renovation sense when it comes to intergenerationally responsible action. Grow the economy from the ground up, supporting life above and below ground and in the water.

It is now more than 17 years (March 2004) since I first learned about the Terra Preta topic and read the initial research report by B. Glaser, Zech etc.,
more than 14 years since I intensively work on Pyrogenic Carbon technology options at every scale,
about 7 years since we (my company) produce & use Biochar and grow things that we eat and sell as well,
a good 6 years since we began trading with biochar of FRANK’S CHAR branded products (after being lab analysis by ‘EUROFINS Umwelt Ost’  to the EBC guidelines in Germany)
and just as many years since we design and get manufactured to our plans the by now 3 models and sizes of  KON-TIKI-TAS deep cone kilns,
that I am glad that our clients have enabled us to have progressed to where we are now in July 2021.
I am glad to see what the many good people involved in our discussions and meetings around the region, the country and the world have enabled through good conversation and information exchanges.
So I was not angry to hear what was being said but clearly could note that it is easy to criticise and belittle and to say no.
It is so good to know why we do what we do and how we do it  and seek to improve what / how we can do to optimise the process.
Rachael Smolker is not helping with her position to tackle the issues that need to be addressed with gusto.
So that’s all I need to say here also and especially on behalf of my 4 Grandkids and their friends.
Best regards and thanks for everybody who likes to share their ideas and information and for demonstrating in the many ways and locations what can and needs to be done.
Good work in progress
Frank again

PS: Someone may like to listen and watch to what Christer Söderberg on the Island  Mallorca Spain sa
id, what has been done so far his team is doing:  https://circlecarbon.com ; https://youtu.be/xMbREu-tNmM , someone can learn something if someone is open to learning.