PyCCS-4U no time to waste!

Frank Strie

Dear Claudia and all,
The seriousness and the scale of destructive forces by erratic weather behaviour over the last week in Europe’s summer is beyond previous worst case scenarios.
As I was born in Essen and lived with my family for my first 10 years in the Ruhr Valley Region, visited the Rhein region over weekend excursions.
In 1970 we moved to the SW Germany near Stuttgart and the alpine regions Bavaria and Austria were our destinations during Summer and Winter holidays. The shocking video recordings captured by private individuals with their phone cameras and from drones have reached me and my family on the otherwise remote island Tasmania. Listening to the interviews of “people in the know” expressing the confirmed predictions from at least 2 decades or more urges me/ us to think how we can speed up the information flow.
What will it take?

Over and over again I think of the whole community approach in Kaindorf Austria,  linking the circular economy, education and training of all.
Physical distance is no barrier anymore, but attitude can be.

Thanks to all involved, this short video from the IBI tour  is part of a positive information approach:
https://www.terrapretadevelopments.com.au/?s=o+Toole+

The humus project of Ecoregion Kaindorf - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

Presented by Gerald Dunst on Tuesday, June 19th, 2018.

7 Aug 2018 · Uploaded by Brian Schorr

and

https://phosphorusplatform.eu/images/download/Meeting-organic/10-D%C3%BCnst-ESPP-IFOAM-12_12_17.pdf

Yesterday, Sunday I was discussing with two of my neighbours the need of a different approach to tackle the pressing issues.

Over the last few days here in Australia there were further discussions (see below) and on line presentations but to Pyrogenic Carbon as outlined and shared between us and linking  Regenerative Agriculture with Restorative Forestry  and Renovative Water Catchment management practices with Pyrogenic Carbon Capture & Sequestration PyCCS is missing.
Biofuel is a no-no topic by our urban dominated society. Big Business will not touch wood energy (thermal or power) with a bargepole.
The info below is the latest what I can find on renewable:

Decarbonising Energy: At the Tipping Point

Australia installed more renewable generation in the last three years than in the thirty years prior. It seems that every week a new renewable energy record is smashed. Yet despite this, Australia has the highest per-capita greenhouse emissions of any advanced economy, we’re on track to miss our Paris Agreement commitments and we’re nowhere near achieving net zero.

How did we get here, and how can we turn it around?

Simon Holmes à Court is one of Australia’s leading energy commentators and analysts. Based at The University of Melbourne, he is a senior adviser to the Climate and Energy College, working with the German-Australian Energy Transition Hub. Simon developed the openNEM, an Open Platform for National Electricity Market Data.

He has been a pioneering force in the Australian community power movement, both as the founding chair of Hepburn Wind, the country’s first community-owned wind farm, and founder of Embark Australia, a non-profit coalition helping communities share in the benefits of local renewable energy.

Presented in partnership with the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, with the support of the Inspiring Victoria program.
Simon's full presentation is available at
 https://youtu.be/qtpHVBgozA8.

https://www.facebook.com/royalsocietyvictoria/videos/271784721382548

I have now looked for Simon Holmes à Court + Biochar
https://twitter.com/simonahac/status/1254288357628080129

Locking in Plantations: (not forests)  because they (most Aussies)  do not know how forests can be managed for all values and that /how forests and landscape need to be an could be restored with holistic management principles:
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/b1a36ed536491e02074c2926d39b8788dafdfcbc6eca6adb14fe09060c42372f.png
The KISS principle enabled to create this situation.

The alternative I have proposed for over 3 decades in AUS:
ProSilva
is proof in point for decades, I am a member for 31 years:

Pro Silva - Integrated forest management

https://www.prosilva.org

Pro Silva promotes forest management strategies which optimise the maintenance, conservation and utilisation of forest ecosystems in such a way that the ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas_emissions_by_Australia

Bioenergy[edit]

Main article: Biofuel in Australia

Bioenergy is energy produced from biomass. Biomass is material produced by photosynthesis, or is an organic by-product from a waste stream. Thus it can be seen as stored solar energy.[20] In terms of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, biomass offers four different types of contribution:

·       solid, liquid and gaseous biofuels can substitute for fossil fuels in the generation of electricity and useful heat;[citation needed]

·       liquid and gaseous biofuels can substitute for oil in transportation;

·       biomass can be used in place of many greenhouse intensive materials;

·       biomass can be converted to biochar, an organic char coal that greatly enhances the ability of soil to sequester carbon.[20]

Sustainable energy expert Mark Diesendorf suggests that bioenergy could produce 39% of Australia's electricity generation.[20][needs update]

So, if you have a suggestion how we can get the Royal Society Victoria aware of our global information exchange, then go for it!!! https://www.facebook.com/royalsocietyvictoria/videos/271784721382548

No time to waste, we get to ever faster action!!
 Thank you all
Frank again