Re: Some interesting Carbon Sequestration Chemistry

Paul S Anderson

Laurent and Rick (and all),

I thank Laurent for the explanations of those terms one message previously.   He sent me (again) to check the  literature, but I am fully involved in issues of biochar production, not usage.

So I must thank Rick for his comments in response, and that then Laurent provided the link to an EXCELLENT  article that he found to be “a recent review in open access: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/sum.12731 “   I have read the Abstract, skimmed the contents that has worthwhile graphics, and read carefully the conclusion, which all who work with biochar development should read, so I am copying here the final paragraph of the conclusion:

.

Undoubtedly, enhancing biochars with various doping

agents is a frontier of biochar research. The development of

more fabrication and enhancement methods, novel applica-

tions, and ongoing results from the field application of these

emerging materials promise to provide a roadmap towards a

sustainable future.

This is endorsing further work on “doping agents” (including mixing rock dust).   And most relevant to me is the needed … “development of more fabrication and enhancement methods,…”   which is something that I can work on.   I will go back into the full article specifically about those methods, especially to accomplish the tasks with ease and low costs by using the RoCC kiln technology (If you do not yet know the RoCC technology for biochar production, please see   www.woodgas.energy/resources    and contact me if I can be of assistance to you).

For those of you working on applications of biochar and / or field (and soil and plant) issues, I refer you  to the appropriate sections of the article.   If you think it is good stuff, please say so.   If it is not good stuff, please also say so because I (we) need your inputs.

End note:  we got onto this topic because of Stephan Joseph’s comment and article.   But in the hundreds of References cited in this article, not one was by him (as lead author, but maybe as a co-author, which I did not check.).   Did we come to this article via some “back door” of luck?  Is earlier work being overlooked?  What does Stephan say about this article, please?

Inventor of RoCC kilns and author of Biochar white paper :  See  www.woodgas.energy/resources