Re: Kenya: "..Biochar really works miracles on our farms"

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Stephen,

In Guatemala right now and seeing a lot of coffee hull composting followed by worms followed by worm juice.  Really interesting.  Tests show excellent nutritional profile and our tests in Thailand placed vermicast + biochar behind only black soldier Fly +biochar. Do you have ideas about high volume,  zero cost, readily available waste streams we could feed to worms?

M

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021, 3:18 AM Stephen Joseph <joey.stephen@...> wrote:
Hi Tom

I do both biochar in holes with vermicompost and liquid extracts.  nearly double the bang.

Regards
Stephen

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 10:46 AM Tom Miles <tmiles@...> wrote:

Mike,

Thanks for the liquid extract suggestion.

The biochar and manure appear to be applied to each plant as you will see in the links. It reminds me of Christoph Steiner’s recommendation, after working for several years with biochar in Brazil, to use biochar in planting holes.

Tom

From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of mikethewormguy via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 5:05 PM
To: main@Biochar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Biochar] Kenya: "..Biochar really works miracles on our farms"

Tom,

Thanks for sharing.....  Though the answer to my question maybe in the links provided, I am curious if the farmers are applying the char blend in a line over the planted seed.

Also a pH neutral biochar hot water liquid extract can be used to soak the corn seed prior to planting. This water extract can also be used to water in the seed ....

Mike

Join main@Biochar.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.