Re: Kenya: "..Biochar really works miracles on our farms"

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Stephen,

In Guatemala right now and seeing a lot of coffee hull composting followed by worms followed by worm juice.  Really interesting.  Tests show excellent nutritional profile and our tests in Thailand placed vermicast + biochar behind only black soldier Fly +biochar. Do you have ideas about high volume,  zero cost, readily available waste streams we could feed to worms?

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021, 3:18 AM Stephen Joseph <joey.stephen@...> wrote:
Hi Tom

I do both biochar in holes with vermicompost and liquid extracts.  nearly double the bang.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 10:46 AM Tom Miles <tmiles@...> wrote:

Mike,

Thanks for the liquid extract suggestion.

The biochar and manure appear to be applied to each plant as you will see in the links. It reminds me of Christoph Steiner’s recommendation, after working for several years with biochar in Brazil, to use biochar in planting holes.

Tom