Re: Mushroom update

mikethewormguy

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM, Jim Bartlett wrote:
Looks good Mike, how do you do your cold sterilization.

jb

Sent from my mobile

On Sep 19, 2021, at 7:27 AM, mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy@...> wrote:

When we set up the mushroom mounds we also did a wood ash
cold sterilized straw/wood chip bed in a plastic tote.

We got home from a trip yesterday and the King Stropharia mushrooms were fruiting.

I did experiment with adding a diluted PA blend as a substrate soaking mid-season.

Was not sure how the mushrooms would produce in a plastic container.

<20210919_121049.jpg>

 Jim,

I use a 10% hardwood ash solution to soak the biomass for 24 hours.