From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of mikethewormguy via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 12:49 PM
To: main@Biochar.groups.io
Subject: [EXT]Re: [Biochar] Mushroom update

External Email

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM, Jim Bartlett wrote:

Looks good Mike, how do you do your cold sterilization.

jb

Sent from my mobile

On Sep 19, 2021, at 7:27 AM, mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy@...> wrote:

When we set up the mushroom mounds we also did a wood ash

cold sterilized straw/wood chip bed in a plastic tote.

We got home from a trip yesterday and the King Stropharia mushrooms were fruiting.

I did experiment with adding a diluted PA blend as a substrate soaking mid-season.

Was not sure how the mushrooms would produce in a plastic container.

<20210919_121049.jpg>

 Jim,

I use a 10% hardwood ash solution to soak the biomass for 24 hours.