Topics

Biochar Journal: Development of the straw biochar returning conc #feedstock #straw

mikethewormguy

tom,

we are continuing our work with wheat straw biochar this month as we transition to winter.....

we are including wheat straw biochar into our soil health approach of burying fermented food residue into our soil in Oct with the expectation of growing in that soil this next May/June.....

Specifically, we will be digging a hole as we normally do but this time fill the hole with wheat straw and top lite it.  We will quench the fire with our fermented food residue and then fill the hole back in with excavated dirt....

We are applying the above idea to our next year's CBD hemp crop by pre-digging the planting hole, treating it in this way in Oct.,  and planting the hemp transplants early next June.....   The hemp planted this season in our amended soil performed well and passed the regulator's THC limit. test..  We are excited to see what the additional inground straw char does for the hemp.....

my 2 cents.....