Topics

NRCS biochar cost share program #nrcs #cig

Kelpie Wilson

Hi everyone,

The NRCS has published a story about our biochar Conservation Innovation Grant and the biochar cost share that came out of it. If you know anyone in the US who owns land that can qualify for the NRCS Conservation Stewardship Program, they could be eligible to get help converting woody weeds or other biomass to biochar. See below:

The story is now published on the NRCS Oregon website here: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/or/newsroom/stories/

Here’s a direct link to the article, which also includes the storymap link: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/or/newsroom/stories/?cid=nrcseprd1499267

We plan to send this out to our statewide partners next week, and I will share with local newspapers in Douglas, Josephine and Jackson Counties, along with the Capital Press. It will also be shared with several NRCS newsletters including the “CIG Innovations” national newsletter and our employee newsletter.

Feel free to share these links however you see fit.

Thanks again for the opportunity to help tell the story of CIG!

Tracy

Tracy Robillard

Public Affairs Officer

Natural Resources Conservation Service

1201 Lloyd Blvd Ste 900 / Portland, OR 97232

Email: Tracy.Robillard@...

Office: 503-414-3220

Cell: 971-201-2692

--
Email: kelpiew@...
Oregon home office: 541-592-3083

francesco_tortorici@...

What a good success story.  The article and links are useful if one does not know of Kelpie's work.

Francesco