Topics

Carbonator 500 Demonstration Nov 20, Haven KS #demo

Tom Miles

CARBONATOR 500

DEMONSTRATION

November 20, 2019

10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

The Carbonator 500 is a mobile biochar production system that converts trees, brush, stumps and other wood debris into a high-quality biochar. At nearly forty feet long, the immense Carbonator 500 is capable of burning 15-20 tons of wood waster per hour, with five to ten percent of the material converted into biochar.

• Waste wood disposal

• Biochar production

• Carbon sequestration

Site location:

8200 E Pleasant Valley Rd., Haven, KS 67543

Driving directions: From Haven, take S Haven Road 3 miles south to E Pleasant Valley Rd., turn west on E Pleasant Valley Rd. for 1.3 miles to property on north side of road.

Demonstration is outdoors - please dress accordingly.

Admission is free! Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, including hotdogs for roasting and all the fixings for lunch.

For more information contact Dave Bruton:

785-313-2295

roland@...

I would need a transfer with a Yacht like Greta Thunberg over the Atlantic ocean (and back). Europe is not a market for ROI?
There is an increasing need for systems close to the forests (change of pine tree forests to more ecological systems) and debris after destruction by wind and insects. Firewood market is limited.

---In biochar@..., <tmiles@...> wrote :

 Admission is free! Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, including hotdogs for roasting and all the fixings for lunch.

Dick Gallien

A steady, endless, free flow of tree waste comes from most
towns/cities. For the last 25 yrs., on to forever, most urban Mn.
trees have been burned The MDNR Forester's may look at urban trees as
beneath their professional dignity. or not of their concern, just
because some bureaucrats in St. Paul dumped their jurisdiction on
them. A
little wood smoke doesn't bother them, as long as it isn't coming from
"their forests" or causing their phones to ring. It couldn't work
better, even if they dropped the $5 a yr. burn permit and supplied
lighters.

Would some of you from other states mention your burn permit costs if
any, or any incentive for cities to do anything other than burn?

Kelpi said Derek came up with what she christened "the turtle". They
are having 4 biochar workshops in small N.D. towns, as we speak. I
asked Derek today, if the dying wind breaks they are
thinning/removing, were planted on private land by the CCC Boys in the
30's and if the land is hay ground, how they clean the residue to make
it mow able. The CCC Boys planted black locust on this farm, which
Mn. has classified as an invasive species, though I like them, in that
they can grow 10' the first yr. after being cut off at ground level,
straight, tall, equivalent in heat to hickory and are very rot
resistant for fence posts and outdoor decking. I asked Derek if
someone in a comparable position as his could put on a workshop on
this farm, where besides B.L. I'll generously contribute all the
invasive buck thorn they can cut off.

All of Winona's street leaves have been dumped/stored on this farm for
the last 20 yrs., because wet leaves don't burn. Winona has burned
1500 ash trees and would gladly dump all of their City tree crews tree
waste here also. Though they pay $10 a truck load for street leaves,
averaging 400 loads a yr., until the dead ash reduced the number, they
won't pay to dump or even stack their trees, because (drum roll) dead
trees burn. However, at 88 and just having been blessed for a third
time with Lyme/anaplasmosis, with a grant or whatever for a 24' end of
a 10' dia. rail road tank car, made into 2 turtles, I'd tell the City
they can start dumping them here. With an old log truck, I can start
stacking their 18+' long loads 15+' high, to dry and conserve space.
With 6 to 8 turtles, any town or city can turn their "waste wood" into
fire wood, lumber and biochar. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks, Dick
https://www.winonapost.com/Archives/ArticleID/35722/Medical-report-card?

https://www.winonapost.com/Archives/ArticleID/31280/Where-do-all-the-leaves-go