Again, two ways seem to offer, Dry then Pyrolise the sewage, or, Add charcoal to the digestate.
Consequences that I see, Pyrolising the digestate requires a lot of energy, and also destroys a lot of helpful chemicals such as nitrogen in that digestate and the Micro- organisms also, - always a major factor, but does it destroy/remove the poisons, or if not, does the charcoal/biochar destroy/sequester the poisons, and, a third and vital question arises, what happens with the poisons then?
Hoping to help by removing any rivalry, we have zero time for that.

On 11 Dec 2019, at 6:56 pm, Kevin Chisholm <kchisholm@...> wrote:

From: Kevin [mailto:kchisholm-inter@...]
Sent: December 11, 2019 4:55 AM
To: 'main@Biochar.groups.io' <main@Biochar.groups.io>
Subject: RE: [Biochar] Pyrolyzing Sewage Sludge & Digestate

Hi Tom

What are ”PFAS”? How are they made? Is there a “family of PFAS”? Are they all equally toxic? What kind of damage do they do? Can they be captured from the biosolids streams?

This site:
was written by a PFAS manufacturer (3M) and according to them, it seems that they made some “bad stuff in the past”, but that they don’t make it now.

Are “Present PFAS” harmful in “raw biosolids”, OR do they only become harmful when the biosolids are converted to char?

There would seem to be a lot of “loose ends” associated with PFAS. Are they, or are they not, a problem? If they are a problem, should the Biochar Community distance itself from charring biosolids?

Thanks and Best wishes,

Kevin