Topics

Biochar in Soil #biochar #soil #organic matter #biochar #soil #organic

ROBERT W GILLETT

Merry Christmas All,

Thought I'd drop a lump of hi-tech coal in your stockings. Carbon foam looks like a high-quality biochar from the description by the USFS. The recent winners of the Keeling Curve prize may be using it as a substrate to form catalysts for CO2 capture (see paper by Ma et al. under References). Biochar may yet end up being the biggest solution to global warming, but under a different moniker and in a way most did not anticipate.

Robert Gillett

Tom Miles

Thanks for highlighting this Bob. The carbon foam project has been underway for a few years. It’s good to see some progress.

Tom