Making biochar in larger quantities RE: [tluds] Gasification Stove Design - Air Hole Placement #stoves

Paul S Anderson

Tom V.       (Note:  I can send messages to Stoves Listserv, but receive no replies unless my direct address is entered to receive a separate copy.    psanders@...    .)

You wrote:   (and some clarification is needed)

“I have been experimenting making biochar with standard TLUD stoves, (both retort and flame cap varieties) for some time.”

*************

TLUD technology is different from retort and from flame cap.   Three types for pyrolysis, not variations of TLUD.

You also asked about making biochar in larger quantities (but still smallish amounts – Under one tonne.)   I have a possible solution for you.

                This week I will be submitting patent papers about technology to make char in larger volumes while keeping the costs low.  “Low” is relative.   Standard barrel size (55 gal /200 liter) is possible as DIY but larger size is substantially better (up to 3.5 ft diameter).   It could still be DIY if you have the skills of metal working, buy probably a few thousand dollars if you need to pay someone to do the work and you are using new metal (vs. scrapyard stuff).

I am trying to determine how to gain a little income from my invention.  Maybe selling plans?  And charge for telephone support to licensees?     And consulting / advising?    Setting up representatives (or manufacturers) in regions?       -----------   And yes, it can scale up to be much larger.      (Business partners could be appropriate.)

General comments about business can be on the listservs, but for specific personal interests, please contact me directly at   psanders@...

Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP

     Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org  to support woodgas (TLUD) projects

     incl. purchase of Woodgas Emission Reduction (WER) carbon credits

     and please tell you friends about these distinctive service efforts.

     with pages 88 – 94 about  solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.