Topics

[tluds] Weight vs Volume RE: Biochar Friday before ETHOS meeting.. #tlud #ethos

abraham abyslo

From our work on planting coconut seedling here in Nigeria,we have this ratio that consistently works:15/20/20/45 of biochar,compost,top soil and sand grains respectively.

Biochar from coconut shell is best in giving highest  yield after charring.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 14:45 Paul S Anderson <psanders@...> wrote:

Tom,

I am a believer in biochar benefits.   We all need to help develop the proofs of what we are preaching.

Question:   For the Ghana / Malawi report (by WarmHeart, right?), is the 50:50 by volume or by weight?   I suspect that it is by volume.

And what would that proportion be if expressed the second way?        50:50 by volume becomes what by weight?    Or the other way around?      Weight is weight and does not change, but volume also subject to particle size, soft vs hard wood vs agro-refuse.

Do we (as a community) have reasonable answers about this variation in the mixing formulae?

Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP

     Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org  to support woodgas (TLUD) projects

     incl. purchase of Woodgas Emission Reduction (WER) carbon credits

     and please tell you friends about these distinctive service efforts.

     with pages 88 – 94 about  solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.