Topics

Natural Resources Conservation Service -- CONSERVATION PRACTICE STANDARD SOIL CARBON AMENDMENT #nrcs #carbon #amendment

Robert Lehmert

Has everyone seen this new USDA - NRCS  paper about Soil Carbon? It covers biochar, and the State told me that -- even though it is marked "Under Review" -- they are accepting and implementing the standard. I am trying to find out if that gets Biochar status as a Recommended Agricultural Practice in Vermont.

Attached:

Tom Miles

Rob,

This is a welcome conservations practice. Biochar is clearly part of the soil carbon amendment. USBI collaborated with the NRCS Soil Health program in developing it.

Many thanks

Executive Director

U.S. Biochar Initiative

"Promoting the Sustainable Production and Use of Biochar"

www.biochar-us.org

@USbiochar

Facebook US Biochar Initiative

USBI Logo - Copy (420x176)