Topics

BlackRock #coal

ROBERT W GILLETT

A bit off-the-wall. Please forgive me if this doesn't interest you.
BlackRock is exiting the coal business
Perhaps someone with a connection (list of global executives appears at the bottom of the linked letter), could coax them into adopting biochar as its replacement black rock.

Robert G.

Kim Chaffee

Hi Bob,

I saw that seismic announcement in the news too.  I believe they are the largest private capital management fund in the world.  They have been under a lot of pressure to divest from fossil fuel stocks.

I hadn’t thought of the idea that we might be able to convince them to take the money they’ve been investing to dirty black rocks and move it to climate friendly “black rocks”.

As chair of the USBI Fund Raising Committee, I’ll add them to our list of potential donors to contact.  Since they are global, they may be willing to donate to IBI too.

Kim Chaffee