Topics

Impacting the seasonal Keeling curve RE: [Biochar] #CDR #carbonsequestration #ccs #blockchai

Paul S Anderson

Roger,     (I am sending this message also to the CDR listserv where there might be further discussion – see prior messages below mine.)

Sorry, I changed the Subject line to express the direction of the topic.

Please include me in your “study group” (or whatever name might apply).   I have a few contributions regarding biochar production from seasonal crop residue.

Regarding Robert’s statement:

“capturing and pyrolizing residual biomass to drive the downward leg of the jigsaw further downward.”

I think a more clear wording would be:

capturing and pyrolyzing seasonal residual biomass to reduce the rise of the upward leg so that the next year’s downward leg (which would be the same annual amount of CO2 removal by photosynthesis) will extend slightly lower than the previous year (except that the current annual net positive rise from fossil fuels overwhelms the impact of the biochar production from the seasonal residual biomass).

If successful (and if other climate-friendly CO2 reductions and  removals can do their part), the “sawtooth” line would eventually become a horizontal sawtooth and would eventually “curve” downward when net world CO2 drawdown occurs.

For visually communicating our message of CDR and biochar as sequestration, perhaps a HIGHLY magnified segment of three sawtooths could be graphically displayed with the “contributing factors” labeled.  Factors would include “total annual seasonal biomass refuse” and the target of “seasonal biomass refuse reasonably eligible to become biochar”.    And within that latter amount, something like “crop residues currently burned in fields, producing polluting smoke and health hazards, such as in India and in northern Thailand”.

[Unfortunately, anyone older than 40 might never see the downward curve on the world-wide Keeling curve.]

Stay safe and healthy!!!

Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP

     Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org  to support woodgas (TLUD) projects

     incl. purchase of Woodgas Emission Reduction (WER) carbon credits

     and please tell you friends about these distinctive service efforts.

     with pages 88 – 94 about  solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.