Topics

Malawi’s farmers grow crops with 'magic liquid' #urine

Roger Faulkner

Biochar could absorb the urine and make it much less odorous. That might be helpful?

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 11:12 AM, Kim Chaffee
<kim.chaffee2@...> wrote:
All,
In one of the poorest countries in the world, aged human urine is replacing chemical fertilizers.  Could biochar play a role here to further improve the yield of the poor soils?
Kim

Norm Baker

Stephen;

Your recipe for  'magic liquid' fertiliser' is unique. First time I have ever heard of such a recipe. Done properly I cannot imagine that it will not work. Please provide more details, step-by-step. Timing must be critical for some steps and I have to wonder if there are odor problems. Have you done any soil test analyses? Here in the state of Washington, there is a lab that could do a plant nutrient analysis, and they have some experience with biochar.

All that said, are you using biochar amended soils in your garden?

Norm

Tom Miles

Out of curiosity, what is the market value of the plant available nutrients in the magic liquid fertilizer?