Topics

A new article on wood vinegar use for wheat growth you can download for free for a month. #woodvinegar

Stephen Joseph

Dear friends

A new article on wood vinegar you can download for free for a month.

As co-author of the article Wheat straw vinegar: A more cost-effective solution than chemical fungicides for sustainable wheat plant protection, we are pleased to let you know that the final version – containing full bibliographic details – is now available online.

To help you and the other authors access and share this work, we have created a Share Link – a personalized URL providing 50 days' free access to the article. Anyone clicking on this link before May 28, 2020 will be taken directly to the final version of your article on ScienceDirect, which they are welcome to read or download. No sign up, registration or fees are required.

Your personalized Share Link:
https://authors.elsevier.com/c/1asw2B8ccoCi6

Click on the icons

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 6:08 AM mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here is some general guidance on seed priming....

1. Pick a big seed, like corn, to start with.

2. You want to soak the seed for at least 8 hours to get the soaking liquid into the seed matrix.

3. Use 4 volumes of soaking liquid to one volume of seed.

4. Stir the seed solution hourly to keep the solution aerated.

5. Make 3 dilutions ( 100, 500, 1000) of the aged urine to create 3 seed soaking solutions.

6. After the 8 hour soak filter the seed out of the soaking solution.

7. Plan on planting the seed the next day. So air dry the seed in a cool shady place by spreading the seed on a flat surface.

Would your farmers typically direct seed the corn or create transplants ?   I like to create corn transplants because than I can put a strong plant in the grown.

You can contact me directly at mikethewormguy@... if you have further questions on this topic........

thanks stephen.......

one of the things I like about the discussion section is that they recognize the synergistic importance of the organic, acid, and mineral contributors of the WS Vinegar composition to its efficacy.    The  discussion about nanoparticles is also important dimension to effectiveness....

Mike

Norm Baker

Stephen;

Thank you for the full copy of the paper on Wheat Straw Vinegar. Most appreciated.

That said, I find paywalls are an enormous pain in the butt. I am currently working on couple of manuscripts about biochar and find a significant number of citations are in Science Direct behind a paywall at ridiculous prices. In my opinion, this is a significant inhibitor to better quality science from citizen scientists. There are a huge number of us who could use and appreciate more open access to the scientific literature.

My question is how did you arrange open access for 50 days?

I have often wondered if the IBI, USBI and ANZBI could have a program for members to gain access through something like Deepdyve - which is a subscription service for access to publications behind pay walls. I think that if members could make a small donation to one of the "BI's", it might be a significant source of income for those organizations to continue promoting biochar.

What do you think?

Norm

Tomaso Bertoli - CISV

Thanks a lot for the share

Did you investigate \ Can you elaborate on the difference between Wheat Straw and Wood vinegar ?

Would wood vinegar show similar fungicide properties against Fusarium graminearum

Thanks

Tomaso

[...]

It would be interesting to see a table showing the composition of the different biomass pyroligneous acids....

Does such a table exist.... ?

Stephen Joseph

we need to do a review paper of all of the research on wood vinegar.  Looking for collaborators.  I have too much on to do it myself but happy to  work with others.