Topics

US Forest Service Wood Innovation Grants #biochar #usfs

Tom Miles

USDA Forest Service awards Wood Innovations Grants to reduce wildfire risk, invest in rural economies and support healthy forests

Congratulations to the recipients of the USFS wood innovation grants. USBI will be supporting these projects to help increase the production and markets for biochar.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/news/releases/usda-forest-service-awards-wood-innovations-grants-reduce-wildfire-risk-invest-rural

Some projects that include biochar.
Next Generation Woods, Inc. will investigate "Market Assessments for the Expansion of Biochar Use and Sales"
Smokehouse Products will  "
Installation of Wood Chip Dryer and Processing Equipment using Renewable Energy and Heat Provided by Wind River Biomass Utility"
Other wood energy projects will be encouraged to consider producing biochar as a co-product

Tom Stephan <tom@...>

Tom,
  I wish to apply for a grant to fund the Food Forever Project I mentioned. I plant to use a base if Biochar prior to planting. If I used forest by products, would that qualify? If not, what does?
 Thanks, Tom Stephan.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020, 7:23 PM Tom Miles <tmiles@...> wrote:

USDA Forest Service awards Wood Innovations Grants to reduce wildfire risk, invest in rural economies and support healthy forests

Congratulations to the recipients of the USFS wood innovation grants. USBI will be supporting these projects to help increase the production and markets for biochar.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/news/releases/usda-forest-service-awards-wood-innovations-grants-reduce-wildfire-risk-invest-rural

Some projects that include biochar.
Next Generation Woods, Inc. will investigate "Market Assessments for the Expansion of Biochar Use and Sales"
Smokehouse Products will  "
Installation of Wood Chip Dryer and Processing Equipment using Renewable Energy and Heat Provided by Wind River Biomass Utility"
Other wood energy projects will be encouraged to consider producing biochar as a co-product

Kim Chaffee

Tom,
Was this the grant application for which we were hoping to get $50K award for USBI?
Kim

On Apr 16, 2020, at 7:23 PM, Tom Miles <tmiles@...> wrote:

USDA Forest Service awards Wood Innovations Grants to reduce wildfire risk, invest in rural economies and support healthy forests

Congratulations to the recipients of the USFS wood innovation grants. USBI will be supporting these projects to help increase the production and markets for biochar.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/news/releases/usda-forest-service-awards-wood-innovations-grants-reduce-wildfire-risk-invest-rural

Some projects that include biochar.
Next Generation Woods, Inc. will investigate "Market Assessments for the Expansion of Biochar Use and Sales"
Smokehouse Products will  "
Installation of Wood Chip Dryer and Processing Equipment using Renewable Energy and Heat Provided by Wind River Biomass Utility"
Other wood energy projects will be encouraged to consider producing biochar as a co-product

Tom Miles

Different source. We try them all.

[...]

Gustavo Peña

https://www.cleancookingalliance.org/about/news/04-15-2020-opinion-covid-19-air-pollution-and-cooking-a-deadly-connection.html?emci=86aeae48-2f7f-ea11-a94c-00155d03b1e8&emdi=e17733b9-4a7f-ea11-a94c-00155d03b1e8&ceid=4534028

I read this article this afternoon, and you can see my answer in a PDF file attached

Gustavo Peña
Inversiones Falcon
El Salvador, Centro América
Tel: (503) 2451 9605